Australia is one of the major economies of the world, with robust infrastructure and a booming economy, Australia is a very good business investment option. Business Innovation & Investment Subclass 188 visas are for investors and business owners who wish to establish new business operations in Australia. The visa is valid for 4 years. This visa is only available to applicants who are nominated by an Australian State or Territory government.
How Can I Get A Visa?
- You Should have a nomination by a state or territory government
- Invitation to apply through SkillSelect
- You should be under 55 years of age, unless the nominating state or territory certifies that you will make an exceptional economic benefit.
- Meet the pass mark in the Business Innovation and Investment Points test (currently 65)
- Have an overall successful career in business or investment
Business Innovation Stream Requirements
This option requires you to have owned a business and to be intending to establish business operations in Australia. You will need to meet the following if you are applying through the Business Innovation Stream:
- You should own a business of a business with turnover of at least AUD 500,000 for 2 of the last 4 fiscal years.
- Net personal and business assets of at least AUD 800,000
Investor Stream Requirements
This option requires you to have managed investments or owned a business, and to be willing to invest AUD 1.5 million in Australian State or Territory Government bonds. If you are applying for the Investor Stream, the requirements are as follows:
- You have had business and personal net assets of at least AUD 2.25 million for the last 2 fiscal years
- You must make an investment of AUD 1.5 million in Australian State or Territory bonds prior to grant of the visa
- You have 3 years of experience either managing a qualifying business or “eligible investments”, and have showed a high level of management skill
For at least 1 of the last 5 fiscal years, you have either:
- Managed a business in which you hold a 10% shareholding; or
- Managed “eligible investments” of at least AUD 1.5 million
“Eligible investments” for the purposes of the Investor Stream include:
- Ownership interests in a business
- Cash on deposit
- Stocks or bonds
- Real estate
- Gold or bullion
- Loan to a business
Significant Investor Stream
A new stream for the subclass 188 visa will be introduced some time in 2012-13. This “Significant Investor” stream will require an investment of at least AUD 5 million into:
- State or Territory Bonds
- ASIC approved managed funds directly into Australian companies.
Significant investors will have concessions on the residence requirement when applying for their permanent business visas.
What Can I Do With This Visa?
- Can apply for permanent residence after 4 years through Subclass 888.
- You can apply for extension of two years after you hold this visa for a period of three years.
- You can have a business in Australia.
Visas Simply as a company is regulated by the Australian government OMARA. We have unmatched Australian immigration experts who will employ their best practices and give best services to you. There are various types of Skilled Work Visas for Australia. That is why it gets very confusing to determine the appropriate visa for your situation because it gives you so many options to choose and eligibility factors to consider. Like some of them require state government sponsorship, some are only for people who have studied in Australia, some are for people who have family members in Australia who could sponsor them, some have a ‘points test’. Our qualified Registered Migration Agent will make it easy for you as they will review your profile in detail to ensure that you have the appropriate visa for your situation. By using their expertise they will give excellent visa advice and support for your complete Investment Visa process. Visas Simply service fee for Investment Visa is $10999 and Australian government visa fees will depend on what type of visa you are eligible for. If the Free Assessment results indicate that you are not eligible for a Investment Visa, we will recommend an alternative visa you.